[tlbuild] Installing the current snapshot

Marco Pallante marco.pallante at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:06:45 CEST 2009

2009/10/12 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:
> On Mo, 12 Okt 2009, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>> I think that for Latin languages, the encoding should be Latin-1 or
>> similar (in my case, Firefox is using 'Occidentale ISO-8859-1'). It is
>> hard to think that those users (or the great part of them) use different
>> encoding.
>
> I disagree, Debian defaults since long to UTF-8, and I am running UTF-8
> system also since quite some time as I prefer it much over iso-8859-1
> (especially now that I am in Japan ;-)

I don't know. However on both my previous Fedora 9 and current Ubuntu 9.xx
systems UTF-8 is the default, too. I just use Latin-1 encoding in
Firefox because
so many sites use it, but on my own I already made the change (and
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} every LaTeX document).

Just my 2 €urocents ;)
Marco