[tlbuild] duplicates in bin/win32 directory

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 7 23:59:11 CEST 2009

2009/9/6 Vladimir Volovich <vvv at vsu.ru>:
> for the following programs there are both an .exe and a .bat version in
> the Master/bin/win32 directory:
[...]
> additionally, for the following, there are .exe and .cmd:
[...]
> would it create an ambiguity if user just runs them without an
> extension?

Whether you run them with or without extension does not matter,
because each .exe stub calls the respective batch file.

> is the duplication really needed?

This was introduced after problems with asy+psv.bat. We discovered
some circumstances where .exe works but batch file fails.

As an added bonus, with .exe one can drop explicit extension in editor
configuration and also use them in MSYS shell (batch files are not
accepted by MSYS).

Cheers,

Tomek