[tlbuild] New universal-darwin binaries AND asy not finding plain.asy

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Aug 28 01:56:19 CEST 2009

Karl,

The asy binary on Mac OS X doesn't have the startup problem you
report. Here are the instructions I use to compile asy:

	cd /Users/koch/texlive2009/Build/source/utils/asymptote
	./configure --prefix=/temp/asyinst --enable-texlive-build
	make

On another matter: Before going to the Ring, I sent universal-
binaries, but asy only had Intel code because the PPC build failed. I
have now fixed that by compiling with gcc 4.0  (otherwise we build PPC
with gcc 3.3 because we want the binaries to work on system 10.3).

I recompiled everything from sources on the svn as of noon on Aug 27.
The new universal-darwin binaries are at

	www.uoregon.edu/~koch/universal-darwin.tar.gz

Dick Koch