[tlbuild] Latest Asymptote

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Aug 16 23:37:06 CEST 2009

Hi Dick,

    The latest asymptote compiles for me on Intel (OS X 10.4), but does
    not compile on PPC (OS X 10.4). Here is the error on PPC:

    g++ -Wall -ansi -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSEGC  -Wno-
    long-double -g -DBROKEN_COMPILER -force_cpusubtype_ALL -o asy
    camperror.o ...
    -lz -lm -lncurses -lgsl -lgslcblas -framework GLUT -framework OpenGL
    -framework Cocoa  gc-7.1/.libs/libgc.a
    ld: Undefined symbols:
    __ZTVN5trans18virtualFieldAccessE

Looks like a compiler/linker bug to me, that's C++-mangling going on as
you probably realize.  My only idea is to try a different compiler
version (in due time).

John, any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Karl