[tlbuild] maybe dropping freebsd binaries

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:06:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Norbert Preining<preining at logic.at> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Aug 2009, Edd Barrett wrote:
>> I didn't know NetBSD had packages for TeX Live :)
>
> *Free*BSD, not NetBSD.

I realise you are going to attempt to build for FreeBSD :)

NetBSD have packages, which I was unaware of.

>>  * Install gmake using either pkg_add, ports or sysinstall.
>
> Can you send me a magic incanation (ie command line ;-) I can use
> as root? I have *never* before used BSDish systems.

It has been around 5 years since I ran FreeBSD myself, so this may be wrong.

There used to be a curses interface called sysinstall, which was in
/stand. This allowed you to pick packages from a list. I used to get
annoyed with how long it took to build the list :p

You should be able to find gmake in there, along with subversion
(which you might want).

Hope that is correct.

--
Best Regards

Edd Barrett
(Freelance software developer / technical writer / open-source developer)

http://students.dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/ebarrett