[tlbuild] xetex problem on OpenSolaris

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 15:36:29 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Apostolos
Syropoulos<asyropoulos at gmail.com> wrote:

> To save bandwidth i have found the root of the problem: I had many fonts in
> folder and after upgrading I copies the fonts
> to a system directory. The only font with wrong permissions was MinionPro
> all the other fonts had the correct permissions.
> In other words, the fonts files were unreadable since they had 600
> permission and root is the owner. I apologize for the
> waste of bandwidth but $h!t happens:-(
> A.S.

Thanks for reporting this.  I'm in the process of replacing a Mac OSX
system disk
and reinstalling apps.   I got the same message:

Invalid fontname `Minion Pro', contains ' '

but haven't had time to investigate.   I'll start by checking permissions using
something like:

FC_DEBUG=8 fc-list Minion\ Pro | awk -v FS='"' '/file:/{print $2}' |xargs ls -l

I just tried this on my laptop and found a bunch of -rw-rw-rw fonts, so looks
like font permissions need to be checked routinely.

George N. White III <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia

More information about the tlbuild mailing list