[tlbuild] PATCHES: --with-system-xpdf, various build system niggles...

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Jul 14 18:05:46 CEST 2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Edd Barrett wrote:

> I'm running OpenBSD, which uses ksh for /bin/sh.
>
> $ echo $SH_VERSION
> @(#)PD KSH v5.2.14 99/07/13.2

In that case you may (or may not) have to use
 	CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/bash ./Build ...
or similar. In any case I'll have to look into the quoting.

>> I wonder why this test did not also require libfontconfig.
>
> Do you have access to an OpenBSD machine?

No I don't.

>> Who needs the gettext library and who needs gettext includes?
>
> Xindy, See attached diff.

Oh, I didn't realize this; Linux has no separate libgettext, only a
libintl.h header file.

>> This is somewhat tricky because these extra flags must come quite late, after
>> those for ICU from the TL tree. I am somewhat opposed to these names but I
>> could imagine --with-extra-includes and/or --with-extra-libs.
>
> Surely these would still allow the system ICU to be picked up (in the
> same place as gettext).

Not if the -L's and -I's for ICU for TL come first.

Regards
Peter