[tlbuild] Asymptote Build

John Bowman bowman at math.ualberta.ca
Sun Jun 28 22:10:55 CEST 2009

>     --disable-gl --disable-gc
>
> Today's experiments suggest that I can also omit the flags
>
>     --disable-gsl --disable-fftw

If I were asked to rank these 4 libraries in order of importance (greatest
to least), I would say

gc
gl
gsl
fftw

The FFTW library is really just a frill as far as asy is concerned.
Probably no one else is even using it in asy,  and although I use FFTW
extensively in other scientific computing applications, I have only
used it from asy in one application.

If it helps, I can always include a shared i386 TL binary for linux in the
CTAN tarball, but since this is by far the easiest platform to build for,
I presume this isn't causing any problems anyway on up-to-date systems.
My build would be just like the non-TL binary within this tarball:

http://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=120000&sel_platform=16549

The only difference with the TL version is that sysdir defaults to "", just
as if one typed

asy -sysdir=""

You can even use this to test my non-TL build under TL to see which of your
build systems it would run on out of the box...

-- John