[tlbuild] asymptote build

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:33:24 CEST 2009

2009/6/25 T T <t34www at googlemail.com>:
> 2009/6/25 Angelo Graziosi <angelo.graziosi at alice.it>:
>> I have seen that on Cygwin, running
>>
>> $ asy.exe --version
>>
>> or something similar, creates the directory '.asy' in $USERPROFILE [1]
>> and not in $HOME! Is this the right thing?
>
> This draws my immediate attention. Is there a way to redirect that
> .asy directory? We try to keep those things within our directory
> structure so it's easier to manage.

I see from the source of asymptote/trunk/asymptote/settings.cc that
this behaviour is unfortunately hard-coded.

Would it be possible to first check for, say ASYHOME env var, or make
a call to kpsewhich in TL builds and fallback on  $HOME/$USERPROFILE
only if that fails? Something like 'kpsewhich --var-value=ASYHOME'
would be perhaps the best, because we could use the standard machinery
to easily configure/reconfigure things through texmf.cnf and/or
environment.

Cheers,

Tomek