[tlbuild] xetex bugfix

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Jun 25 10:14:52 CEST 2009

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> BTW, note that if you have an existing build tree around, it should work to
> do "svn update", then cd into Work/texk/web2c and issue "make xetex && strip
> xetex" to get a new binary without repeating the entire Build process.

Hi all,

theoretically this should work, but in fact it does not quite. Due to an
unsolved dependency problem you have to repeat 'make xetex' two or three
times until nothing is rebuilt.  I'd love to understand the cause of this
(until now mysterious) behaviour.

However, as Karl has said there is no rush to rebuild the xetex binaries.

Regards
Peter