[tlbuild] About --enable-ipc

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Jun 3 13:44:53 CEST 2009

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> The new configure default of having --enable-ipc on breaks
> my win32 cross-compilation ( as win32 does not have sys/socket.h ).

Hi Taco,

that is mingw32, right?

What is the exect meaning of 'breaks'? Disabling ipc, error during
configure, or error during make.  And if an error, what exactly are the
messages?

I would guess it is 'no such file' from '#include <sys/socket.h>' in line
882 of texk/web2c/lib/texmfmp.c.

That should probably be changed into something like

 	#ifdef _WIN32
 	#include <winsock.h>
 	#else
 	#include <sys/socket.h>
 	#endif

but I'll leave that to some one more familiar with WIN32.

If you make such a change, be careful not to break the cygwin build.

Until that is done, you can always use '--disable-ipc'.

Regards
Peter