[tlbuild] tl09 build status

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jun 3 09:18:01 CEST 2009

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 6/2/2009 9:05 AM, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
>>> They are for cygwin-1.7 so I couldn't check all details. On our
>>> cygwin-1.5
>>> /usr/include/fcntl.h defines
>>>   _O_BINARY -> O_BINARY -> _FBINARY -> 0x10000
>>>   _O_TEXT   -> O_TEXT   -> _FTEXT   -> 0x20000
>> It's the same in cygwin-1.7 (but the defines are now in
>> /usr/include/sys/_default_fcntl.h).
>
> I'll make these messages go away with the next luatex
> source update (one way or another :)).

I need a little help for this.

The code in lfs.c tests whether it is compiling for windows by looking
at the _WIN32 predefine. Cygwin does *not* define this symbol, but it
*does* define the file mode variables, which is a bit contradictory,
so now I have a short set of questions:

First:

   Which of the WIN32 preprocessor symbols *are* defined by Cygwin,
   if any? In particular, can I use __WIN32? Or is there __CYGWIN
   or something like that?

And then a short series of unclarities. These are all probably
U (=unix) otherwise there would have been more errors and warnings,
but just to be sure:

   Does Cygwin have 'struct stat' (U) or 'struct _stati64' (W)?
   Does Cygwin have fcntl (U) or _locking (W) file locking ?
   Does Cygwin have mkdir(A) (W) or mkdir(A,mode) (U)?
   Does Cygwin do readdir(U) or  _findfirst (W) dir iteration?

The next one I really don't know: the existance of S_ISLNK doesn't
mean much unless it is supported by the file system:

   Does Cygwin really have symlinks?

And most important:

   Does Cygwin have the _setmode (W) function or not?
   If yes, is this the correct prototype?

      int _setmode (int fd, int mode );

Best wishes,
Taco