[tlbuild] --with-fontconfig-includes and --with-fontconfig-libdir

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Wed Jun 3 02:40:15 CEST 2009

"VV" == Vladimir Volovich writes:

 VV> Hi Peter, i configured TL with
 VV> --with-fontconfig-includes=/opt/csw/include
 VV> --with-fontconfig-libdir=/opt/csw/lib and did not have pkg-config
 VV> in the PATH... but configure script did not detect fontconfig and
 VV> built without xetex.

[...]

adding pkg-config to the path still fails:

configure:18755: WARNING: Sorry, can not build XeTeX without Carbon framework or fontconfig

and config.log has:

configure:18608: checking for pkg-config
configure:18624: found /opt/home/vvv/bin-tl/pkg-config
configure:18635: result: pkg-config
configure:18667: checking for installed fontconfig headers and library
configure:18711: cc -o conftest -xarch=v8 -O -I/opt/csw/include   conftest.c   >&5
FcInit                              conftest.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

$ /opt/home/vvv/bin-tl/pkg-config --libs fontconfig
-L/opt/csw/lib -lfontconfig

it seems that the fontconfig's LDFLAGS are not used when linking the
test program, regardless of how they are obtained - via
--with-fontconfig-libdir or via pkg-config.

Best,
v.