[tlbuild] TL2009 build broken

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue May 26 15:26:57 CEST 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009, Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> It seems that after a fresh checkout, the build of TL2009 is broken on
> GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04:
>
> ... TL_MAKE_FLAGS='-j4' ./Build...

Hi Angelo,

I had hoped that all parallel build problems are now fixed, but ...

> mv -f .deps/cwebboot.Tpo .deps/cwebboot.Po
> mv -f .deps/cwebboot.Tpo .deps/cwebboot.Po
> mv: cannot stat `.deps/cwebboot.Tpo': No such file or directory

obviously two simultaneous compilations for the same object.

> Yesterday it worked fine.

These parallel build problems are somewhat tricky; failure or success may
depend on timings, i.e., load of the cpu and other such things.

Will see what I can do, but won't promise anything (in particular since I
also use '-j4' and don't see any such problems).

Regards
Peter