[tlbuild] main build + xindy

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Wed May 20 21:29:09 CEST 2009

On 5/20/2009 11:29 AM, Vladimir Volovich wrote:
> did you follow the "Special considerations for xindy" in
> http://tug.org/texlive/build.html#xindy
>
> in particular, did you build a custom clisp version as explained in
> "instructions for setting up clisp" link from the above page?

No.  I thought I could use my system clisp, based on the following
information in utils/xindy/README-clisp:

> If your OS distribution already has CLISP installed, xindy will try to
> use it (the configure script searches in PATH to find the `clisp'
> executable, or you can pass the configure option --with-clisp=PATH
> where PATH is an absolute path to the `clisp' executable).
>
> Otherwise, you need to build CLISP from source before building xindy.

I realize now that I should have looked at utils/README instead, which
is actually what Karl said to do.  This contains the same instructions
that you pointed me to.  I've now followed those instructions, and the
build with xindy works (308 executables).

Thanks!

Regards,

Ken