[tlbuild] lcdf-typetools-2.78 -- is hashcode() unsigned, uint32_t, or size_t

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 19 23:46:45 CEST 2009

    Hi Peter, Did you ever get a response from Eddie?

No, he hasn't replied.  Although I didn't say so (sorry), I wrote to you
and Angelo after Peter and I had discussed it.

    >> -    static unsigned hashcode(const char *begin, const char *end);
    >> +    static uint32_t hashcode(const char *begin, const char *end);

The point is that the prototypes use one of unsigned/uint32_t and the
definitions use the other?  As Peter wrote originally, it would be good
to explain the actual problem to Eddie.  On the face of it, it's not
clear that why uint32_t is preferable.