[tlbuild] [mp-implementors] metapost-1.200: getline clash

gabriele balducci balducci at dschgrazlin2.units.it
Mon May 18 09:45:08 CEST 2009

hello there

>     It looks like this is because POSIX 2008's getline() is now exported
>     by default in the newer glibc versions (as of 2.9.90, apparently).
>
> Damn POSIX.  Damn glibc.
>
> It seems mft, *tangle (apparently including luatangle), and *weave are
> the programs which end up with a getline (get_line in the Pascal web
> world).  I tried to fix it as follows.  It still compiles for me, but I
> don't have any access to a system running such a newly
> broken^H^H^H^H^H^Himproved setup, so can you please try it?

it works nicely here, in the following environment (gnu-linux):

myhost:36> uname -r
2.6.29.3

myhost:31>gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
Configured with: /home/balducci/tmp/install-us-d/gcc.d/gcc-4.4.0/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.4.0 --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-c99 --enable-long-long --enable-clocale=gnu --disable-libstdcxx-pch --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,fortran,java
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC)

myhost:33>/lib/libc.so.6
GNU C Library stable release version 2.10.1, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.2.4.
Compiled on a Linux >>2.6.29.3<< system on 2009-05-15.
Available extensions:
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
        Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
        software FPU emulation by Richard Henderson, Jakub Jelinek and others
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

thanks
gabriele

--
Gabriele Balducci - Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche - Via L. Giorgieri 1
I-34127 TRIESTE tel: I-040-5583957 fax: I-040-5583903 e-mail: balducci at units.it