[tlbuild] xdvi-x-toolkit

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri May 15 01:06:28 CEST 2009

    should we change the default in texk/xdvik/ or rather ask Stefan to do so?

The TL default should stay xaw.

Asking Stefan to change the xdvi default -- if you want to, fine by me.
I don't feel strongly about it.

Linking with Motif by default means linking with proprietary libraries
on some systems -- at least it used to (irix, sparc-solaris, ..., as I
recall), and I think it still does.  We don't want that for TL.

    Or shall I insert a paragraph into README.config saying that a few
    options are automatically added by the ./Build script?

That sounds like a good idea in any case.

Thanks,
karl