[tlbuild] xetex not being built

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu May 7 11:14:01 CEST 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Karl Berry wrote:

> I don't get mf-nowin either, but we do want that, so I guess it needs to
> be restored somewhere.  Peter, help please?  It seems mf is mf-nowin
> now, judging by the shared libraries -- no X.  We want mf to be the
> interactive display-capable version. ...

Hi Karl,

there I made a mistake in choosing defaults when translating from TL2008 to
TL2009. Quite easy to fix, but maybe not today.

The options '--with-x --enable-mf-nowin' will get you them all of that
(including X).  You could add them in ./Build but it is certainly better if
I adjust the defaults.

Two related to points:

Which of --with/without-mf-x-toolkit and --enable/disable-ipc should be the
defaults?

Maybe you could add something like TL_MAKE_FLAGS to the Build script, such
that one could, e.g., say
 	TL_MAKE_FLAGS='-j 4' ./Build
for a parallel build (much faster on a multicore system).

Regards
Peter