[tlbuild] xetex not being built

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed May 6 18:27:05 CEST 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Jukka Salmi wrote:

> more than two months after my last (successful) TL build on NetBSD I
> rebuilt the binaries from svn trunk sources just now.  After some
> [1]problems with dvipdfm were [2]solved (hopefully), ....

Hi Jukka,

thanks for noticing this and the bug fix, committed as r12954. That was a
stupid typo.

> ... I noticed (because
> `texconfig-sys init' was not successful) that xetex was not built;
> passing --enable-xetex to the Build script didn't help.  Is xetex
> ommitted deliberately or is something wrong with the build system?

Omega has been removed but aleph is still there. No idea why xetex was not
built, should have been and --enable-xetex is the default.

This could have various reasons, cross-compiling is one of them.

The actual reason should be in the build.log file; try
   grep -i xetex build.log | grep -v icu-xetex

Regards
Peter