[tlbuild] Build -g

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 16:09:40 CEST 2009

On 4/29/2009 8:01 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
>     ./Build: line 88: time: command not found
>
> Hmm.  Maybe it worked for me because time is a builtin in the shells I
> was using.
>
> So does
> eval foo=bar time true
> work on Cygwin?  That's all the script is doing.

This turns out to be a bash issue, reflecting the fact that time is
*both* a bash builtin and an external command (even in linux); see

My problem was that I hadn't installed cygwin's time package to get the
external /usr/bin/time.  Linux users would never come up against this
problem because /usr/bin/time is probably installed by default.

Ken