[tlbuild] Still on the Cygwin build of TeXLive

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Nov 16 23:52:29 CET 2008

    /work/texlive-20081017-source/utils/texinfo/build-aux/missing --run

Configure --without-texinfo.  Deleting it is still on my list.

    ./dvipng > dvipng.tmp
    ( test -r dvipng.help && diff dvipng.tmp dvipng.help ) \
                    || cp dvipng.tmp dvipng.help
    rm -f dvipng.tmp
    texi2dvi -I ../../../texk/dvipng ../../../texk/dvipng/dvipng.texi

None of this stuff should be getting run.  The files are checked into
svn and shouldn't need to be rebuilt.  I can't guess why they were.
Run make -d in the Work directory for dvipng to find the facts.

    So why the 'bootstrap' of TL is not 'self-contined'?

It's a bug, not a feature.  (And for most people most of the time it is
self-contained.)

    The strange things do not happen with the source released on Aug 22...

Virtually no changes to the source have been made since then.

karl