[tlbuild] Patches for building TeXlive with CYGWIN-gcc-3.4.4

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 6 00:59:36 CEST 2008

    I assume that it is also correct that xdvi should link dynamically
    to the system iconv;

Well, if it has to link against iconv at all, it has to use the system
one.  We don't have iconv in TL (thankfully).  I suppose anyone on
cygwin is going to have iconv, so it's not a real problem?

    so is, perhaps, the fact that info links dynamically to the system
    ncurses instead than statically to the provided ncurses, the only
    bug?

It is a bug, but it's also not important, because I am going to remove
the Texinfo binaries and sources from TL soonly (but keep the .tex
files).  There is no good reason for them to be there, they have caused
nothing but trouble.  All the distros have their own Texinfo packages,
or they can be compiled from source much more easily than in TL.

karl