[tlbuild] Patches for building TeXlive with CYGWIN-gcc-3.4.4 (Correction)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 1 01:10:22 CEST 2008

Hi Rodrigo,

    Patch #6
       Modify .../texk/web2c/configure.

Aside from anything else, we can't modify configure.  It is generated
from configure.in.  Please send a patch against configure.in.

       flags_try3='-nodefaultlibs -Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -Wl,-Bdynamic -lm -lgcc
    -lcygwin -lkernel32'

This should only be tried if we're on Cygwin, though.  Otherwise it's
just a waste of time ...

Sorry I can't look at it all in detail right now (at least the non-xetex
parts; Jonathan will have to review the xetex stuff, which I think is
most of it ...)

Thanks,
Karl