[tlbuild] pdftex bug in luatex?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Sep 19 23:41:50 CEST 2008

Vladimir Volovich writes:
 > "NP" == Norbert Preining writes:
 >
 >  NP> luatex and xindy.mem: Please advise!
 >
 > no need to update xindy.mem: it changes with every build (even if the
 > sources did not change; don't know why).

Maybe it contains a time stamp.

However, if you run "strace texindy --help", you'll see that even if you
only ask for the help message, xindy loads xindy.mem.

So far so good.  In order to find out whether this little test is
sufficient to find out whether xindy and xindy.mem are consistent, I
removed a byte from xindy.mem and tried again.  No error message.
Xindy didn't recognize that xindy.mem was broken.

Joachim, I added you to the CC because I don't know whether you are
aware of this issue.

Are there time stamps in xindy.mem?  Inserting time stamps is not a
good idea because even if two files are otherwise identical, programs
like cmp or diff will always claim that they are different.  It makes
debugging more difficult.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25