[tlbuild] TeXlive built with CYGWIN-gcc

Rodrigo Medina rodmedina at cantv.net
Tue Sep 9 08:09:13 CEST 2008

Hi to everybody,

Thanks to Angelo for the directory list.

You can put the name you like to the .dll libraries
(before making the import libraries) and put them in
the /bin directory of the TeXlive distribution. So there
is no confusion with a system icu library.

It is interesting to know that in the other platforms xetex
is linked to static versions of icu libraries. Then, perhaps,
the problem is in the g++ options that are used in
compiling the components of xetex. I have notice that
in the compilation of the icu files it is used the option
-DU_STATIC_IMPLEMENTATION which is not
documented in the info file of gcc. I will try that with
the xetex components.

There is one strange thing with the command that links
xetex.exe .There are some files that look like import
libraries of .dll libraries like libimp-cygexpat-1.a,
but the corresponding cygexpat-1.dll is not installed
and does not seem to be necessary, at least for
starting the program.

About the failure of texlinks
 /home/rmedina/TeXlive-2008/texlive-20080816-source/inst/bin/i686-pc-cygwin/
texlinks -f
/home/rmedina/TeXlive-2008/texlive-20080816-source/inst/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.
cnf
install_link /bin/lamed -> aleph failed: file already exists.
install_link /bin/latex -> pdftex failed: file already exists.
install_link /bin/pdflatex -> pdftex failed: file already exists.
install_link /bin/lambda -> omega failed: file already exists.
install_link /bin/etex -> pdftex failed: file already exists.
install_link /bin/pdfetex -> pdftex failed: file already exists.

This is because in /bin/ I have the files of tetex.

I will do all these tries when I find the time. Vacations are over.

regards
Rodrigo Medina