[tlbuild] Build progress with CYGWIN

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi at alice.it
Tue Sep 2 19:12:23 CEST 2008

Jonathan Kew ha scritto:
> On 2 Sep 2008, at 12:37 PM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Kew wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe icu build on cygwin is broken?  I'm sure it's not one of their
>>> reference platforms.
>>
>> For the sake of completeness, Cygwin has its own 'icu' packages[1]:
>>
>>  icu-3.8-4
>>  icu-doc-3.8-4
>>  libicu-devel-3.8-4
>>  libicu38-3.8-4
>
> OK, so it must be possible to build it. :) You won't be able to use
> those packages directly, as xetex needs a patched version of ICU, but if
> you can look at any patches they used to make it build, that might be
> helpful. (E.g., what did they do about the "features.h" vs "Features.h"
> issue?

Uhmm... The Cygwin 'icu' package maintainer could say many things, I
haven't much experience with 'icu', it would be very difficult to answer
your questions.

If you want to know what patches they apply, these are in the source
tarball of 'icu',

ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/release/icu/icu-3.8-4-src.tar.bz2

I have tried, but haven't understood much. For example I haven't found
track of 'features' issue...

Cheers,
    Angelo