[tlbuild] Beamer and xelatex on todays svn

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jul 29 00:38:39 CEST 2008

On 28 Jul 2008, at 11:26 PM, Edd Barrett wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 05:08:56PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
>>    I'm not sure what the solution is. Do you?
>>
>> No.  As a wild guess, I suspect the (system) fontconfig library is
>> depending on the system freetype library.

Yes, I'm sure that's the root of the problem; see my earlier message
in this thread.

> This is a resonable, I can confirm that fontconfig links the /usr/
> X11R6/
> version of freetype2.
>
> I would have thought --with-system-freetype2 would have worked in this
> case.

Seems reasonable, but perhaps it's not clever enough.

Try a more explicit approach:

     --with-freetype2-libdir=/usr/X11R6/lib --with-freetype2-include=/
usr/X11R6/include

That might persuade it to use the same version throughout.

JK