[tlbuild] Beamer and xelatex on todays svn

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jul 29 00:01:39 CEST 2008

    Karl, I am aware this is delaying TL-2008.

Actually, it is the doc translators who are on the critical path now.

    If you want the binaries "as is", I will upload them for you,

Please do.  It will be good to have them.  If a solution to the dynamic
problem comes forward in the next few days, so much the better.  If not,
this will be better than the old build we have now.

As for the actual problem, I spent time composing a reply but then your
follow-up obviated the whole thing.  It does seem that both the TL
static freetype and BSD dynamic freetype are being linked (both in your
first build and now).  I would have thought your second build would have
avoided the TL freetype.  I don't know why it didn't.  Sorry.

(However, for the binaries distributed with TL, it would be better to
avoid the system freetype, anyway.)

karl