[tlbuild] powerpc-linux

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jun 6 12:26:02 CEST 2008

On 6 Jun 2008, at 11:03 am, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>> Why do these things always come up right before a big release?
>
> because those who publish books are wondering "is it worth
> upgrading to this big release?" and so we tentatively tested the
> intermediate releases but were too lazy to do it early enough,
> sorry :)

No need to apologize! I really appreciate hearing of problems -- the
sooner the better, of course, but some things are obscure enough that
they can go un-noticed for quite a while. None of us have the
resources to test everything exhaustively, I fear.

It is, of course, far preferable to hear of bugs *before* the TL
release rather than immediately *after* the DVDs have been burned!

> I suspect our 3-volume critical edition of Classical Armenian Bible
> will probably be the first major publication that used the very
> very latest XeTeX and actually made use of its many "bells and
> whistles" (for which there is an appropriate acknowledgement line
> in the copyright page, of course; together with \XeLaTeX logo and
> the tux penguin from Libertine OpenType font :)

It's great to hear how people are making use of the tools we're
building -- makes it all worthwhile! :)

JK