[tlbuild] 2008 binary season open

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jun 1 23:53:09 CEST 2008

At long last, I've committed 2008-vintage binaries for i386-linux to the
TL repo.  (!)

Everyone, please try to build your respective architectures and send me
url's to your tarballs or commit yourself.  If you like to do it
yourself, you may find the Master/tlpkg/bin/tl-update-bindir script
useful to do so.  (I updated http://tug.org/texlive/build.html to
mention it.)

LuaTeX, pdfTeX, dvipdfmx, etc., have all been updated.  The only changes
expected at this point are those we find are needed in our builds.  So
report any problems.

Please send me updated build information for
http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/README -- os version,
compiler used, special information about configconfig or whatever.

Next I will be working on putting together a complete TL distribution
for testing.

Thanks,
Karl