[tlbuild] building on linux-ppc

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Wed May 21 15:03:02 CEST 2008

Hi all,

yesterday, I built lzma and the normal texlive binaries on linux-ppc;
AFAICS, there were no problems. I will have to test the pdftex-1.40.8
build, though (has anyone actually tested this binary on ppc-darwin?
There was a bug in 1.40.7 which prevented inclusion of pdf images).
Since my system is 64-bit linux with 32-bit userland, I had to compile
xindy inside a linux32 subshell; this appears to have worked too. I'm
not a programmer at all, but this looked good to me:

cd /home/tas/texlive/source/inst/bin/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu &&
strip * >/dev/null 2>&1 || true

real	30m14.996s
user	27m29.243s
sys	2m14.115s

./Build: 279 binaries in /home/tas/texlive/source/inst/bin.

Thomas