[texworks] supress figure numbers in figure environment

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 01:13:03 CEST 2021

Hi Richard,

For getting help on the internals of making LaTeX type documents, it's
better to look on Stack Exchange or one of the many *TeX specific platforms
or fora.
You'll hopefuly get more expert type answers to your LaTeX related
questions.

This email list here is really for actual TeXworks application issues,
problems, enhancements, and the like.

I tried an internet search, using the following, and spotted some useful
looking results, I haven't checked any of them out, and have my self never
had to suppress figure numbering as far as I can recall,  but these might
be worth a look :-)

Searched on ...

latex suppress printing Figure numbers in the figure environment?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=latex+suppress+printing+Figure+numbers+in+the+figure+environment%3F%0A&t=fpas&ia=qa

Perhaps initially some less specific results here, but some more
indications of other platforms to look on ...

https://startpage.com/sp/search

But some really clear looking results here ...

https://search.brave.com/search?q=latex+suppress+printing+Figure+numbers+in+the+figure+environment%3F&source=web

... And if you want their really fast browser for searching, with some
useful additional features this might be helpful :-) ...

https://brave.com/

Kind regards,
Paul

On Tuesday, 21 September 2021, Richard McGowan <mcgowan.richard.s at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there a way to suppress printing Figure numbers in the figure
environment?
> Richard
>
> TeXworks version : 0.4.5r1280 (MiKTeX 2.9)
> Install location : C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX
2.9/miktex/bin/miktex-texworks.exe