[texworks] Backward compatibility of the Qt bindings in poppler

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Tue May 25 13:12:07 CEST 2021

Hi Stefan,

>> As a fan of RAII (and objects that clean up after themselves), I am
>> generally very much in favor of such a move.
>
> that's great to hear.  I'll you know once the complete interface-changing
> patch is done.

as of Poppler commit 45717a50c52ab13f405584eab4e1c586bd39a0ce (from May 19),
the Poppler Qt6 interface does now indeed return std::unique_ptr objects
wherever appropriate.

Unfortunately, Qt containers don't play with std::unique_ptr, and therefore
we had to replace return values of type

   QList<std::unique_ptr>

by

   std::vector<std::unique_ptr>

Therefore I am afraid you will have to invest a bit more work than anticipated
to accommodate for the interface changes.  My apologies: I couldn't think
of
a simpler alternative.

Best,
Oliver