[texworks] Call for Help: Testing

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sun Feb 21 12:00:39 CET 2021

BPJ wrote:

> Perhaps a "watermark" or color overlay or a warning popup of some kind
> would be the way to go in such a case?

I thought long and hard about your idea, BPJ, before replying, but
having done so I still think that the PDF window should be closed. Users
of TeXworks expect the PDF window to contain an accurate rendering of
the typeset content of the source window, and if the latter produces no
PDF at all, then I truly believe that only closing the PDF window
completely can accurately reflect that fact.
--
/Philip Taylor/