[texworks] Biber

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 19:20:42 CEST 2020

On 20/10/2020 18:02, Ettore Aldrovandi wrote:
> Joseph,
>
> it’s a login shell vs. non login shell issue, in part. If you double clicked TeXworks, it may  have run under a login shell with a partial environment set. In particular, you only get the synthesized path in /etc/zprofile.

But that should be true for all GUI applications, no? TeXShop as I say
seems happy enough.

(Surely Finder, rather than zsh or whatever, should be in charge here.
It's the must-be-running process on a Mac, and is certainly what
launches all other graphical programs.)

> There are two ways, more in fact, to solve this:
>
> 1. Launch TeXworks from inside a terminal with “open -a TeXworks” and it should pick it up.

Does work, but hardly 'smooth' :(

> 2. Drop a file called TeXLive (or whatever) containing the single line:
> 		/Library/TeX/texbin
>      in the directory /etc/paths.d and it will properly synthesize the path. (It’s been like this for years, now.)

As Herb observes, that's already the case.

> Back to the env vars question: why doesn’t setting BIBINPUTS to “:/Users/joseph/Library/texmf/bibtex//:” work? This should be set in .zshenv and it should be picked up.

I'lll check again.

Joseph