[texworks] Jun20 TUG news: tug'20 online, latex-dev, ctan

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Wed Jun 3 10:18:39 CEST 2020

On 02/06/2020, 23:57, Boris Veytsman wrote:

> May was a productive month for TeX software authors.  Among new
> packages on CTAN are:
>
> [...]
>
> - pwebmac, consolidated WEB macros for DVI and PDF output

This looked interesting, so I carred out a full TeX Live 2020 update
and then typed :

> texdoc -c fuzzy_level=0 pwebmac

Sadly the answer was :

> Sorry, no documentation found for "pwebmac".

May I ask if "pwebmac" is destined to find its way into TeX Live in the foreseeable future ?

Supplementary question :  is it possible, in TEXMFLOCAL, to define "fuzzy_level" as zero for
this and all future TeX Live installations, and if so, in which file ?  I find the current
fuzzy-search behaviour more infuriating than useful (in fact, I never find it useful,
only infuriating).  Or could TeXdoc be enhanced to ask, Google-style, "Did you mean ... ?"
rather than just blindly assuming that I did ...

Philip Taylor