[texworks] Spell checking libraries for TexWorks

Wim de Boer wim.de.boer at kit.edu
Sun Apr 26 22:24:46 CEST 2020

Hi,

I installed MacTex and TeXworks on a new MacBook Pro with MacOS 10.15.4, which works fine. But I am unable to install the spell checker cocoAspell, which cannot be installed automatically anymore because of “notarisation” by Apple. I installed it by hand. The installer claimed successfully installed, but it does not work.

WHAT CAN I DO?
Can I try to use Hunspell with Openoffice dictionaries with MacTex?

Cheers,

Wim de Boer

Thank you for taking the time to write an email to the TeXworks mailing list. Please read the instructions below carefully as following them will greatly facilitate the communication.

Instructions:
-) Please write your message in English (it's in your own best interest; otherwise, many people will not be able to understand it and therefore will not answer).

-) Please type something meaningful in the subject line.

-) If you are having a problem, please describe it step-by-step in detail.

-) After reading, please delete these instructions (up to the "configuration info" below which we may need to find the source of problems).

----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.6.5r.649699a ("travis-ci")
Install location : /Applications/TeXworks.app
Library path     : /Users/willemdeboer/Library/TeXworks/
pdfTeX location  : /usr/local/texlive/2020/bin/x86_64-darwin/pdftex
Operating system : Mac OS X 10.15.4 (Darwin Kernel Version 19.4.0: Wed Mar  4 22:28:40 PST 2020; root:xnu-6153.101.6~15/RELEASE_X86_64)
Qt version       : 5.14.1 (build) / 5.14.1 (runtime)