[texworks] Texworks is not producing the pdf

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:30:49 CEST 2020

On 02/04/2020 10:49 a.m., Mineo, Teresa wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have problem in producing the pdf with Texworks, while, if I run from
> terminal the commands:
>
> *xelatex --no-pdf*
>
> followed by
>
> *xdvipdfmx*
>
> the pdf file is produced correctly.
>

> I attach to the mail the log file from Texworks and the one produced by
> the on line command.
>
> Can you help me in solving this problem?

I saw a similar problem and solution when typesetting Japanese a few
years ago.  The solution is to add a new Typesetting tool (or edit the
existing one, if you feel lucky).

Those tools want to run a single command, so you will need to set up a
script or batch file to do your two steps, and then:

Go to the Preferences... dialog in TeXWorks.  (That's what it's called
in MacOS; it might have a different name on your system.)

Choose Typesetting.

Click on the + at the bottom right.

Name your new tool, add the script as the Program, and give it arguments
as appropriate, one per line.

The default arguments for XeLaTeX are likely to be part of what you want:

$synctexoption
$fullname

See
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/85417/configuring-texworks-processing-tools