[texworks] Latex closes when trying to safe document

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 21:34:20 CET 2019

Dear Oliver,

On 11.11.19 16:12, Oliver Palkowski wrote:
> I´ve got the latest MikTex2.09 Version wich is on the Website.

OK, but which version of TeXworks are you using (you can check from Help
> About TeXworks...)? As Duncan said, MiKTeX and TeXworks are different
pieces of software (although they might be installed together).

> The Operation screen where I type in my commands to make a document
> with Latex is Closing when hitteg the button: "„save under…“. So that
> when making a new document I won´t be able to save it. I´m not trying
> to close the application, it Closes itself when trying to save the
> document. The operating System is a x64 micsoroft Windows  10 Laptop.

I have a few questions:
*) The window that closes says something along the lines of
"untitled-1.tex* - TeXworks" in the top window bar, right?
*) Does the window close before or after the "Save as..." dialog is
shown (where you can pick a path/filename)?
*) Does opening an existing .tex file work?
*) Does modifying and saving (with File > Save, i.e. without changing
the filename) an existing .tex file work?
*) Does modifying and saving (with File > Save as..., i.e. under a new
filename) an existing .tex file work?
*) Do you have any network shares (i.e. drives that are on a local
server) or cloud folders (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, owncloud, etc.)?

HTH,