[texworks] Problem with TeXworks software

Robert.Brignall robert.brignall at open.ac.uk
Wed Oct 2 11:30:25 CEST 2019

> I'm a customer of TeXworks. I have a problem about the launch of my TeXworks. The launch
> of my TeXworks becomes very very slow. Even though some document are so small. It takes
> a lot of time(5 minutes+) to launch or open a document in my software(TeXworks).
> When I open a document, the software shows that no response(as you can see in the following
> picture)

I note that this message is from a few months ago, but a colleague of mine has recently encountered a very similar issue after our University upgraded his system to Windows 10 64-bit. With a fresh installation of MikTeX 2.9, TeXworks takes around 10 minutes to open, and then performs very very poorly. Installing TeXworks separately from MikTeX does not solve the issue either.

On my own machine (upgraded to Windows 10 64-bit last week) this issue does not arise and TeXworks behaves normally.

Any clues what's going on?

Robert Brignall
Robert.Brignall at open.ac.uk

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.