[texworks] Making texwork accessible for visually impaired

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 00:20:05 CEST 2019

On 01/08/2019 6:03 p.m., Krishna wrote:
> hello to all team member, I want to ask regarding recommending to make
> texwork accessible for blind users. now a day, texwork application has
> became very popular and good. but, it is not accessible for visually
> impaired users. some interfaces of this application are inaccessible to
> access. therefore, where can I recommend to make this application very
> accessible for blind users? because, latex is completely command based
> program for prepare document. other word processor like, Microsoft
> office, open office, libre office etc- are not convenient to editing
> document. in latex, every blind user can know what he is doing, or what
> he is editing. actually, it is hard to learn, but, if visually impaired
> person know the all the command regarding document setting like: page
> setting, font selecting, line structure etc; they can also produce a
> good document like others. and they can also prepare their own document
> like: articles, thesis, seminar papers, book etc. therefore, accessible
> latex editor is required. so, please suggest me how to and where to
> recommend regarding accessibility issues of texwork. any suggestions
> would be highly appreciated. best regards.

This may not be what you want to hear, but I don't think Texworks is a
particularly appropriate application for a blind person.  You want a
LaTeX-aware editor, but Emacs would probably be a better choice, since
it uses a text-based screen, which screen readers for blind people would
probably find easier to handle.  I wouldn't be surprised if other
configurable editors (e.g. Eclipse, etc.) would also be better than
Texworks, if they have support for blind users.

Duncan Murdoch