[texworks] Mail list and other issues

Iggor Ya. D. iggor at sci.lebedev.ru
Tue Mar 12 15:17:23 CET 2019

Hello!

I work for some time with Texworks under Windows (primarily Win7 32).
Now I have the newest version: TeXworks-win-setup-0.6.2-201704300708-git_7ecce17.exe
While working I have encountered some issues with the program:

1. Automated mailing form the Texworks to the mail list don't work:
mailto:texworks at tug.org?... etc  - failed due to unknown reason. Mail
agent was setup and mailto works from Firefox (but not from command
prompt, of course).

2. Very annoying issue:  while working with different versions of the
same text it is almost impossible to figure out what version is opened
(in which directory lays the current file). The only method is to try
to save the file, but it is not so good and the user can rewrite the
file unwillingly.

Is there any ways to make available solution?

--
С уважением,
 Iggor                          mailto:iggor at sci.lebedev.ru