[texworks] changing font size

Charles Nix cnix at bargerandnixorgans.com
Wed Nov 14 15:43:31 CET 2018

If you mean the text  in the TeXworks _editor_ window, the default font
size is  under Edit >  Preferences > Editor tab.   Or it can be changed
only in the current document at Format > Font

If you mean the font size on the _output_ pdf, it would  be the same in
_any_ version of LaTeX, whether pdf output  or dvi, and whether TeXworks
or any other text editor.

The basic place is the fontsize option in your \documentclass command.
The original classes (letter, article,  report,  and book)  allow 10pt,
11pt, and 12pt.   Originally, other sizes were available through the use
of \large or \Large or \small, and so on. There are newer document
classes (like memoir) that allow more sizes directly specified.  There
is also  the newer fontspec package.  You should have documentation for
all of this in your TeX installation.  Or search for "introduction  to
LaTeX" and you willl find many resources.

Charles Nix