[texworks] impossible to install the \usepackage{mathtools}

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 13:32:58 CEST 2018

Hi Stefano,

Just looking at your specs: MiKTeX 2.9,
some of the earlier versions of MiKTeX 2.9 say MikTex2.9.3927, are no
longer doing automatic installation of missing packages (.sty etc) - as the
whole MiKTeX installation at that age level actually needs updating.

Which actual version of 2.9 are you on?

You could try and start your MiKTeX package manager, and then using the
menu item
Repository/
then Change Package Repository /
then Next <button>

If you see a message like:

"Deprecation of outdated MiKTeX package manager.
Visit https://miktex.org/kb/mpm2016 for more information"

Then do indeed go to: https://miktex.org/kb/mpm2016

... If not - then check that you do still have a valid Package Repository
while in that utility.

Kind regards,

Paul