[texworks] Discussion on MikTeX, TeXworks

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sun Mar 11 21:24:05 CET 2018

	Keith,

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 04:14:17PM -0000, Dr A K Hannaby wrote:
> I have just returned to continue editing my Tex  document, and I find that,
> at the top of the page, it does not say MikTeX - it says TeXnicCenter.
>
> So apologies if that is significant and has caused some confusion.

  Yes, it’s obviously relevant, it means you haven’t been using TeXworks
at all.  Perhaps you inadvertently changed file associations in Windows,
so that your TeX files are now opened with TeXnicCenter instead of
TeXworks?  In any case, you should be able to resume using TeXworks by
right-clicking on the icon, clicking “Open With ...” and choosing
TeXworks (provided it’s still installed on your computer!)  And, if
applicable, you should of course fix file associations.

	Best,

		Arthur