[texworks] Dead keys in texworks

Isac Hedén isacuumath at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 17:19:27 CET 2018

I am experiencing the following problem in the texworks editor: when I want
to write éëê I get instead 'e"e^e. Usually, when I want to write something
like x^2, I write x^[space]2. Thus what I usually type now instead produces
x^ 2 (for example). What surprises me the most is that this error seem to
appear quite randomly; sometimes a restart helps, sometimes it helps to
open a new document and paste in the document that I was working in. The
keyboard works as I want in other programs, like mozilla thunderbird, open
office or gedit for example.

I am running ubuntu 16.04 LTS, with Swedish keyboard.

Thank you very much in advance for any advice!

Isac