[texworks] Call for Help: Testing

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 14:28:13 CEST 2017

On 2017-04-24 13:40, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
>> Can you test if setting the environment variable QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR
>> to either 0 or 1 changes anything? (from http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/highdpi.html)
> This didn't help, but I had
> 	QT_SCALE_FACTOR
> set, which was not working well.
>
> Sorry for the noise. Unsetting this env var made the apperance OK again.

No problem. Glad we could figure it out.

> Side remark: Qt works really badly with big screens and high dpi, even if
> it is not a retina one.

Can you elaborate this a bit? In what way badly?
As I understand it, some changes have been made starting in Qt 5.6. As
far as Tw is concerned, a "retina" issue has been open for some time
now. As I don't have an appropriate screen to test stuff on (and
currently very limited time), there has been no progress in this respect...

All the best,