[texworks] Call for Help: Testing

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 17:47:48 CEST 2017

Hi Norbert,

thanks for testing.

On 2017-04-23 17:21, Norbert Preining wrote:
> report on the current git source, built on Debian/sid.
>
> The viewer quality is abysmal .. looks like pixel fonts at 20dpi. Zooming does
> not improve it.
>
> I checked, the pdf contains the actual fonts embedded, and other viewers
> (atril, evince) have no problems.
>
> This is a bit surprising.
>
> What further details can I provide?

What versions of Qt & poppler did you use?

With poppler, the Splash backend is used by TeXworks. Can you determine
if poppler was built to include that backend (it should be by default,
unless it is configured with --disable-splash-output).

I suppose the testcases (testcases/base14-fonts.pdf and
testcases/poppler-data.pdf and testcases/sync.pdf) look similar?

Can you send me a screenshot (preferably of testcases/sync.pdf)?

Is there any difference if you build in debug mode (cmake
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ..)?

Regards,