[texworks] Call for Help: Testing

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 13:39:29 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 2017-04-23 13:32, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
> Which Config-Files and related stuff (e.g. dictionaries) could be copied
> from my actually used installation 0.6.1 (travis-ci) [r 3617278] to the
> test-installation?

If you have used the travis-ci version as indicated, the folders will be
the same, so you don't need to copy anything. Only when using versions
from a TeX distro such as TeXLive or MiKTeX, chances are the distro
maintainers may have altered some things in the source code to
accommodate their directory layout (and possibly other things; for
example, MiKTeX adds additional tools, AFAIK).

If you want to backup your files (which shouldn't be necessary in this
case, but is always a good idea), use Help > Settings and Resources...
to see where they are located.

HTH,